We can’t do what we do without the financial generosity of our residents.
Resident donations enable us to do our jobs well and keep you, your families and property safe.
- Upper Makefield Township resident donations fund the largest portion of our operating budget—to pay for fuel, utilities, equipment maintenance, insurance, and incidental expenses
- Your donations do NOT go toward salary and benefits—all our members are unpaid volunteers, who dedicate their time and energy to protect the community
- We regularly face unfunded regulatory mandates (e.g., for new radios, hoses, other gear)
- We also have to pay for new technologies, apparatus and associated training to maintain our high standards
- Other funding sources are limited and often have restricted uses—these include dedicated millage, specific-use grants, and Act 184/Relief Association, a homeowners insurance-funded program which may only be used for training, limited types of insurance coverage and equipment
- While we actively pursue various governmental grants to provide funding for specific items, we typically don’t win these grants given the relative wealth of our community
Other important facts:
- Upper Makefield Fire Company is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) Pennsylvania non-profit corporation
- Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law
- Many employers will match your charitable contributions—please check with your benefits manager for instructions
- We have a robust management structure to ensure we’re making informed, cost-effective decisions to benefit the community
How to donate:
Please act now to make an immediate impact.
- Use our secure online portal:
- Mail a check made payable to “Upper Makefield Fire Company”
Attn: Fund Drive
P.O. Box 125
Washington Crossing, PA 18977
- Use this same address for your matching gift form, if applicable
We are proud of the service we provide to the community and appreciate your donation in support of our efforts!